Monday 29 July 2013

Aún estamos vivos en Panamá


Firstly and for mostly I must apologise to you all for the complete lack of post recently!
I can mean only one thing I've been working so unbelievably hard on my field project that I haven't had a moment to write a message to you all.

Things are finally going well, for the last few weeks Robin myself and my great new assistant Dan have been diligently marking, censusing and watching the wasps. Over 1000 of the little critters have been marked since Robin and I started in June - new record!

Everyone has been stung, Dan only once and he barely reacted (unbelievably!) me only once too and poor Robin is now on his 8th sting in 2 months, one of which was through his glove so unluckily - the wasps seem to have it in for him!

As it comes to my last few weeks in Panama and work is finally a little less chaotic I will make much more effort to give you all a post every few days.

For the rest of this post just wanted to take the chance to share some selected photos with you all that I've taken over the last few months - mostly Panamanian animals!


Me exploring the ruins at the Fort of San Lorenzo 




Below you'll find two photos of the same Polybia nest which I have been following for the last few weeks to see how it has grown, these tiny little wasps have been super busy and look what they have created!

 





Of course another selection of the beautiful animals they have here!




















And finally a few weekends ago the three of us took a few hours out of our normally working day to help out our friends at Punta Galeta with a beach clean up they were having, thats quite a lot of rubbish!



Widgets

No comments:

Post a Comment