Thursday 1 August 2013

Tienen plantas en Panamá también!





Earlier this year, Boxing day sales to be precise, I treated myself to a beautiful new camera as my previous one died in San Blas last year.

I'm not at all confessing to being anything of a photographer but I do get a great deal of satisfaction out of taking beautiful photographs and really and stating to enjoy the past time now I have my lovely new Cannon Powershot and so far I've been delighted with the quality of the images that I have been able to take.

Normally where ever I travel in the world I spend the vast majority of my time trying to photograph the various creatures I find along the way - pretty normal for a Zoologist Abroad right?! However this year I though I would set myself a challenge to not only capture the wildlife but also make an active effort to photograph the botanical wonders that the tropics has to offer.

So here is my first collection of plant photographs and I would like to dedicate them to my dear friend and botanist Liam. He is currently being an academic hermit on the coast of Pembrokshire attempting to finish writing up with PhD thesis. I hope that some photos of plants other that Arabidopsis will inspire him with his great work!
















Some plants even make things that you can eat mmmm fresh coconut!



Widgets

No comments:

Post a Comment