Monday 12 August 2013

Para BCI y viceversa


Well the start of August has seen an end to my field work in Panama and my safe return with all my wasps to the UK. So this will be my final post for a little while and I just wanted to share with you a few photographs from our last few days in Panama.

For our penultimate day we went back to Barro Colorado Island for a final wander around this beautiful island in the middle of the canal. It really is such a special place to visit filled with researchers from all over the world studying nearly every living thing that is found there. As normal in the rainforest is filled with so many amazing animals and plants surround you at every turn of the path but they manage to disappear into the canopy before I managed to get the following sneaky snaps.

A capuchin monkey hiding from my camera

Crocodile on the banks of the island



Giant termite nest hanging from the tree

Last year you may remember a photograph I took of me standing at the base of the largest and possibly oldest tree on BCI known fondly as "Big Tree". During our time in STRI this year we heard some sad news that something awful happened to Big Tree and the tree died and the canopy fell covering the forest floor and creating a giant clearing. It was a bit of shock to reach the end of the trail and find this!


The end of Big Tree


Shipping liner passing based the banks of BCI

Little bat hanging out during the day on some of the dormitories





Howler and her baby
 ]

Finally got my photo of a toucan!





Widgets

No comments:

Post a Comment